How to start a riding lawn mower without a key – The idea of utilizing a push mower might be very interesting and appealing to you and your neighborhood because of its plan exhausting. And you feel in if you have a lawn that is more than half an acre big.
If you see the riding lawn mower is a completely efficient one. In most cases, they are very extra powerful engines with fitted. They are made by Briggs and Stratton, Husqvarna, Troybuilt, Kohlar and so on.
Riding lawn mower is very easy to use. You will be very fun-loving and most comfortable on your way if your mower comes fitted with all the best features.
All will be good and peaceful when you have a key but if you lost the key you will not get all things peacefully. Start key is normal with riding a lawnmower where it does not just allow you to fire up the engine to start mowing but it prevents the theft of the mower with the start key a safety features.
If suddenly happen that you lose the key or it has broken. So does it mean you postpone mowing for another time or you call a professional lawn care company to fix this?
No, not really. You can still fire the mower in the absence of the mower start key.
Please make sure that you have all the right tools you need and you need safety too and safety of the battery. Without the key, you can switch it safely like the car, but you need to know what you need to do.
The switch key works the reason is that that key can create an electrical connection between the riding lawn mower starter and the solenoid.
Because the metallic part is the key, the metal contacts the two shafts of the solenoid, and when this occurs, power is sent all through the solenoid and into the starter framework, turning on the engine. You can, accordingly, see why it is baffling to lose the switch/start key.
Above mentioned, does not signal the cancellation of mowing plans the loss of the start key, as only you require to find a way of mimicking the behavior, action of the start key for turning the mower and also the engine to start running.
How to start a riding lawn mower without a key
Option 1 – Using Jumper Cable to Start the Mower
- To jump-start the mower firstly you need to find all the safety and starting tools. Such as we are talking about a pair of rubber gloves, jumper cables, as well as a pair of pliers.
- Since the rubber is a non-conductor of electricity, the rubber gloves are crucial. They prevent the conduction of electricity, electric shock protects from the mower’s battery.
- All things considered, you ought to never endeavor to sidestep the standard key switch beginning of the trimmer in the event that you don’t have the best elastic gloves. In the event that you have every one of the devices above, you can continue.
- First, wear your rubber gloves.
- The blades disengaged with the break turned on, prevent the mower by all the other important safety precautions taking into action when without your moving or jerking initiating movement and open the hood of mowers.
- Set the battery. You need to disconnect the battery’s red and black cables in the mowers solenoid from the two posts. To clean up any corrosion and dirt get the battery post cleaner that has gathered around the posts, after that reconnect the two cables.
- The black one clamps the jumper’s booster cable around the battery’s negative plug. After that to the mowers cutting deck end clamp its other end.
- After that clamp the red cable taking to the position plug/post of the battery. Rubber gloves all the time must be. Now you can press the red cable’s other end and permit it to touch a metallic part/piece into the mowers starter.
- Remove the booster cable then the black cable if you succeed and the engine runs before closing the hood.
Is also called the bypass method: this option involves the jumper cables or screwdriver in place of the jumper cables. You can easily turn off the mower and all the way down you can stop it by throttling.
Here not an option is the kill switch option, instantly you should keep in mind that throttling down will not kill the engine instantly and for that reason, you need to give some before the engine dies.
Option 2 – Using a Screwdriver
For this method, you need a screwdriver and rubber gloves.
Mind it this an appropriate option for you if, in the wake of springing up the storage compartment, you track down that the negative and the positive presents on be locked in on the battery – one end on the solenoid side and the other interfacing with the starter – are excessively near one another.
In this condition and situation, the preferred option should be the screwdriver. So wear rubber gloves and after that catch the screwdriver to the two battery posts similar time. Automatically doing this should start the engine.
Remember that’s the screwdriver setup for use. On the other hand, can use a flat-head screwdriver as you could begin the key. Wiggle it around placing the screwdriver in the keyhole. But do if you had the actual key.
Cub Cadet and Craftsman mower models are applicable and work shown to be quite effective.
We have for you related product reviews of riding lawn mowers.
Detailed review of Snapper 560Z.
Detailed review of Husqvarna MZ61.
Option 3 – New Ignition Switch Installation
Your next option would be to install a new ignition system. If you have not the starter key anywhere and no option above then come to the ignition system.
If you think you are not a proper mechanic and to handle this ignition system talk to manufacturing and find their dealers for the installation of the switch. Or, you need to take the mower to specialized mechanics. It would be adjustable if the manufacturer doesn’t make any replacement keys for the mower.
This should be your last option about the installation of the new ignition system. It’s expensive and can make too much time. More boring if not replacement parts not found locally. Otherwise, this system will resolve your problem permanently.